It’s hard to believe yet another year comes to an end. Like every year even this year flew with the speed of a concorde. The year is slowly heading towards another new year with alot of hope, aspirations, and plannings inside people’s minds. It feels like this new year too shall fly within a blink of seconds.
A year has 365 days, because the Earth revolves on its axis 365 times while making one revolution around the sun. It’s not exactly 365 either. It’s closer to 365.25, which is why we have an extra day every four years. Yet, these 365 days seem so less to accomplish the various goals and tasks.
Reflection is associated with a person’s outward image or appearance which can be seen in mirror or water, but reflection in totality also includes the inner reflection, i.e. the inner real image. The writing theme, reflection made me think and recall all the events that happened this year, only to evaluate how far I was able to achieve the goals.
Like every year this year too had some “good” and “not so good” days stored for me. Though the “good” days sums up some wonderful memories and brings a smile on my face, the “not so good” days sums up some “not so good” memories, which makes me feel proud of myself for being able to handle them so well.
The year’s reflection:
This year was overall a good year full of achievements. A few glimpses of this year are as follows:
- University Academic Topper Award– January brought along the university academic topper award. I can still cherish the smile on my parent’s face when I received the gold medals and certificates for being the university academic topper.
- Sports Award- This year brought yet another gold medal but this time for sports. It was a team work and my team won, may be we were good or may be it was sheer luck, but it surely instilled a team spirit.
- Writers’ Collaboration with a Purpose- This is one of the best thing that happened. It’s a writing event where writers from all around the world, write on the same topic in their unique writing styles, and publish it on the same day. Interesting part, the writers never let time zones be an obstacle. I’ve been writing, and I wish to continue writing along with other wonderful global writers. Thanks Ipuna Black and Nicolle for introducing me to this and for your words of encouragement.
- Jainey & Nessa Awards- I was honoured to be a part of this. I participated in one of the events of Ghana, Africa. The three titles bestowed upon me were- the motivational speaker/writer, most inspiring person, wisest person. Thanks Jane Love for making this happen and also for your best wishes.
- Career Growth- Professional life did put forward many challenging tasks demanding patience and hardwork, but it was a learning experience. The upcoming year holds alot of piled up work, but I’m motivated to put in extra hardwork, make use of the learning experiences to grow and improve further.
- Family Memories- This year was a blessed year with special memories shared with family, including the festival time and family outings. Family time is definitely the best time especially all the blissful moments shared together, these made the year all the more special.
- Charity Drive- Like every year this year too, me along with my family helped the poor and needy people, we firmly believe that the joy of giving is always greater than the joy of receiving.
- Good People- Thanks to internet, I came across alot of good people this year, including some global writers, the wonderful collaboration writing team, happiness engineers who helped handling the technicalities concerning technologies. This year brought some genuinely good friends and colleagues.
- WordPress Website– My inspirational website sadafsiddiqi.wordpress.com will be turning one year old. So, I would like to thank readers for reading and appreciating my writings. It feels good to be appreciated for the work one does.
- Readers’ Comments- Thank you to all the wonderful readers for reading, liking, following my website, and also for all the wonderful comments on my website, these surely made me feel good. A list of a few comments posted by global readers on my website:
A new year is knocking the door with another new 365 days or new 365 opportunities, open the door, grab the new opportunities, and make use of it. In the meanwhile, also keep reflecting, reflection is important because one can’t improve oneself without noticing and working upon one’s weaknesses and strengths.
So, in the coming new year do spread positivity and strive to make the world a happier and a peaceful place.
This writing piece of mine, was part of a collaboration with a purpose, the topic being- “Reflections on how far we have come.”
9 collaborators, from different countries of the world, participated in this writing event. Do read their take on the same topic:
- Barb Caffrey (“So, if you believe in any sort of Higher Power, one of the things you need to remember is to forgive yourself once in a while.”)
- Divyang Shah (“If someone don’t speak much, don’t interpret as a dumb, their mind must be working on something big or may be he is a writer.”)
- Jothish Joseph (“Anybody can write “Extra” before “ordinary” but only people of courage dare to earn it.”)
- Ipuna Black (“None of us are perfect or come from perfect backgrounds, but this doesn’t mean we can’t aim for a positive and fulfilling life.”)
- Jane Love (“People who have a genuine say and a true voice of their own not just an echo of some celebrity they think they love.”)
- Mylene C. Orillo (“Where I’m at right now is a testament that ‘Dreams really do come true.”)
- Sadaf Siddiqi (“The best thing about memories, is one doesn’t realise they are making memories but once recorded, it just rewinds and takes one back to the beautiful series of life.”)
- Sonyo Estavillo (“I am here to champion anyone from the successful and confident folks, to those that are clinically depressed.”)
- Nicolle K (“Success, for me, is when I spend my days feeling happy, peaceful, fulfilled and without fear of lack.”)